15.9.06

assorted nonsense

So much has been going on. September has taken me by storm but in such a good way. Too bad when you change the world continues to stay the same. Before I left I got the graduate teaching position for a course in the history of the film industry, when I came back I landed an internship with the Kansas City Film Jubilee doing education/youth outreach.
A black filmmaker from the American Film Institute will be teaching a short course in African American cinema here and I am working with the department for a scholarship so I can actually take the class for credit. I am immensely pumped - for an urban university we currently have no course in African American cinema.
The documentary that I am currently working on is going well and people are excited when I pitch it to them, the company and artists are excited as well.


I have much to write about but sleep is more important at this point. So many things to work out. So much forgiving that I need to implement. I wish so many things were easier to grasp but they remain elusive.


Atlanta was amazing, I am ready to move. Now if only I can get into the program I want. I will be in New York from Monday to Thursday. Perhaps I will wish to move there as well. Chicago may be in the plans for October.
My fingers are crossed as I am quickly hitting up my travel checklist. It feels so good to be going to the places I have only dreamed and schemed about.
Kansas City remains the same. Same nonsense, feeling out of place in my own hometown. Dating is a sad joke here and I do not find it funny at all.
I try my damnedest to remain optimistic but it is not the easiest of tasks. Instead I have a couple of pet rats, a ficus tree, an small aquarium of assorted fishes, frogs, and a snail. (I really love animals and am trying desperately to not get a kitty or puppy.) Must not forget that I got wind-chimes for my balconies.
My roommate better get to the US before I turn this apartment into a petting zoo.


For those interested here are some photos from the last few weeks.
Atlanta
No Bush, No Talent Show


P.S. For the most part I am happy in my life right now. When people ask me how I am I say 'good', and I mean it. I am just ready to hit the next level, to make that next improvement, to meet more awesome people, to travel farther, to further realize my personal power, to fully become Jovan.

No comments: